Welcome to the garbage dump of my thoughts. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pray to the Black Friday gods
That Pottery Barn offers something. Anything.
I love you and need your bathroom wares but I have nothing but narrow eyes for your shipping fees.
I’d like to tell you I didn’t spend 10 minutes making fart noises on my arm with my husband
But I’m not in the habit of lying on this blog.
Highs and Lows
- being yelled at basically all day by basically everyone
+ finally caving to New Girl and experiencing the lettuce baseball scene
katfloriboston asked: Hi! What is on your holiday wish list this year??
The older I get, the weirder I feel about asking for gifts. That is not to say I don’t want stuff, so here are the things I can’t shake listed from reasonable to LOL:
- RH foot duvets. FOOT DUVETS. I mean. Everyone in my life is getting these for the name alone.
- Target faux fur throw
- These adorable ring dishes. The obsession with all things monogrammed continues.
- VV santa lobster peejs. The state of my sleepwear right now is…let’s just say I’m embarrassed to see the UPS man most evenings.
- Cuyana tote to scratch that new bag itch.
- Not a big jewelry person but this bracelet and these earrings have been on my mind many moons.
- The Hemnes dressers we just need to nut up and buy ourselves already.
- A new living room rug (I’m boring myself).
(Holiday) Week in Food: 11/25 Menu
Monday: in all honesty, probably Chipotle
Tuesday: skillet brussels sprouts pizza
Wednesday: cottage pie
Thursday - eternity: FEASTING
Food Follow Up: 11/18 Menu
Brie & brussels sprouts quesadillas - A god damned treat. Use a multigrain tortilla (I know, I promise though) and rejoice.
Chipotle popcorn chicken - Listen I have TRIED but panko never sticks to the thing you’re frying as much as it falls the fuck off and burns in the bottom of the pan. The buttermilk soak is good enough to save this recipe for tinkering…maybe coating flour would be better than breadcrumbs. You suck, breadcrumbs.
Skillet brussels sprouts & bacon mac - Also good. At the store I had fontina in my hand, read on the label that it’s the “Swedish mozzarella,” remembered that I had actual mozzarella in the fridge at home, and saved myself $6.99.
Trying this new thing where when I fill out forms I list my race as “bread”
Just when I think I’m evolved and mature and shit
Something petty stirs up those teenaged excluded sad feelings.
Change of Cat Plans
As though the universe knew I was about to post a list of names we did not go with, I received an email from the breeder. Apparently one might be pregnant? Unfixed animals, man. Doing what they do. Anyway, looks like Maude & Iris Apatow will not be joining our family.
Before you get too upset, there will still be cats. One is a little guy currently too little to come home, the other hasn’t been born yet so who knows. Only the new year will tell.
The most important thing is that my phonebook-length list of boy cat names (by which Micah is not sufficiently impressed) is BACK IN PLAY GUYSSSSSSSS.